Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 5 ~ Item 9: Partial + Query Critique ~ SF/F or YA

From author Corinne Duyvis:
"I'm offering up a critique for a query and the first 5000 words of an adult SF/F novel, or anything YA. I'm probably not the best person to come to for historicals, omniscient PoV, or literary work.

My critiques include basically all of my thoughts as I read: grammar, sentence flow, style, continuity, clarity, character motivations, pacing, etc. If you want feedback on a particular aspect, I'd be happy to give it; I can be as nitpicky or global as desired.

As for me: I'm a YA SF/F writer who's represented by Michael Carr of Veritas Literary. My novel ALWAYS READ THE FAE PRINT is currently on submission.

There's only one catch: I'm going to be attending Clarion West this summer, which means I'm working hard to finish my current novel and get all the preparations done before then. While I may be able to fit critiquing your work into my schedule before then, there's a very good chance I won't get around to it until August at the earliest.

If you still need to do significant work on your novel, I'd also be happy to wait until you're ready, as long as you're reasonable about the turn-around time."

6 comments:

  1. $5, please
    sschmidt1026@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. $40

    refractions_of_dawn(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50

    Lindsaycummings20 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. $60

    refractions_of_dawn(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS AUCTION IS CLOSED.

    Congrats nikanors-inn! Email coming soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please include your email address in your bid!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.